RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC18T or T2 for a high speed car?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 11:03 PM
RCJuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC18T or T2 for a high speed car?

ORIGINAL: yakfish

For I high speed car you have to make it go fast with the right gearing. althought 4s will help!! but when you gear a car for speed you will actually take alot of the stress OFF the drivetrain since you are transfering the power from the bottom end to the top end. I think the RC18T will o fine for you. I am working on a high speed 18T right now as well although for now i am only running 3s. but these cars feel very stable at high speed which is really what you are looking for when building something for speed. you can drop these brushless systems into any chassis but if it isn't stable at high speeds it won't do you any good. I have to say that I am impressed with the RC18T so far.

I am in the same boat as you are right now. I am fairly new to the brushless scene. I have always been a nitro guy. I have built some very fast big block rc10gts and a NTC3 with a OS .21 V-Spec that was just plain nasty! So I know where you are coming from. I have learned a few thing about this car in the short amount of time I have spent working on it so if you have any questions for me just ask. and keep us posted on how your build goes.

When you say "high speed" how fast are you wanting to go?
Thanks again for all the info. So what is the advantage of running the 4S over a 3S? I guess I'm just assuming that bigger is better but I'm not really up to speed on what does what with the electrics. While we're at it, any guidance on the turn (i.e. 8.5 , 10.5) ratings of motors?

I have spent the last several hours doing research between the Vendetta and the RC18 and I was starting to lean towards the Vendetta but reading your last post has me re-thinking it again...

As far as speed I was hoping to get something in the high 60's, low 70's (hopefully).