RCU Forums - View Single Post - Elevators will not sync W/11X
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:08 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Elevators will not sync W/11X

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

FOrgive me as I know nothing of your radio... but why would wing type have anything to do with the ELE?
You would want to use a Ailevator mix or something similar for the ELE....
The Wing Type menu does a lot more than control the ailerons and flaps. Besides wing types, the tail types are also set up there. DUAL, the lower half of the menu, is used to mate other channels to the aileron, elevator, rudder, flap and throttle channels. If the elevator is not mated to AUX3 using the DUAL function but is mated by a program mix, the BALANCE function is not available.

As John is using the DUAL function instead of a program mix, I won't describe several ways that come quickly to mind how using a program mix could cause different travel. There is no point to using a Matchbox or equalizer. As I understand those devices, the 11X BALANCE does the same thing but with more points of adjustments.

Citation01

. . . The other day though I came upon what I thought was something strange and can't figure it out. When I went to set end points (HIGH) I selected one of the elevators and then held the stick back and rotated the thumb wheel thinking only one servo would move. Ironically, they both move however the highlighted one does move faster and more or farther. I thought only one should move. . . .
This is strange as I wasn't able to duplicate this with my 11X and a couple of servos on the bench. With my equipment, only one servo moved when adjusting an endpoint in the TRAVEL ADJ. This may be a clue to your problem. If you have a card reader you could store your program on the SD card, transfer it to your computer and then upload it to the forum as a zip file. I would be curious to see what your program is doing.

Allan