RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas, is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 01:01 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas, is it just me?

x100 on Foxy and Sheo.

ThunderbirdJunkie has spent a LOT of time dialing in his SC10 4x4. Granted, it shouldn't be a surprise, because NO new Associated model comes out with a decent setup to begin with, but this one took even more work than an RC10B2 in 1996.

The midrange non-2wd-buggy stuff is not being figured out quickly by the pros. ThunderbirdJunkie is pretty sure he is the first person to try the stuff he's got on his SC10 4x4...the truck drove AWFUL in stock form on the track...it's gotten progressively better, but unlike the "big class" midrange stuff (2wd SCT, 2w buggy, 2w truck), none of the pro setups have worked particularly well anywhere ITBJHO. The advantage of the 2w SCTs and the Losi 22 is that the companies keep so much the same compared to their old stuff that the veterans can figure it out quickly.

The high end stuff? Lutz has the Durango 4w SCT pretty well figured out...some guys have figured out the Losi SCTE but the truck still sucks...

If you want GOOD...just jump right to top dawg stuff...Durango, Mugen, Xray, Kyosho...for the midrange stuff...prepare to figure out its faults and have a lot of patience...for the lower end stuff like Traxxas and Redcat, let's hope your first race with the thing isn't the beginning of a points series, because you WILL NOT figure it out its foibles before the series is over.