RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull 1.20 PT-19
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 01:49 PM
MercerAUST

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seagull 1.20 PT-19

I can confirm that the wing servo holes are OK, having fitted, tested and trimmed the flaps and aerollins. The connecting rods are thick steel and the control horn holes are pe-derilled which avoids the possibility of getting the server the wrong way around. While the plastic flap hinges are stiff, there is no problem in actual use. With the steel rods, there is no flex in the system and it is possible to get a tight set up, with no/minimal slop if you use digital metal core servers.

One problem is that the hinges tend to pull the split wing flap up a bit and mine settle about 5mm above flush with the wing. It's possible to flatten them out completely by adjusting the end point of the server, but of course this introduces server whine. I've clamped mine shut with some pegs and perhaps they will settle more flush over time, and as the hinges wear in.

Any ideas how much flap to use? The manual gives no instructions. It is tempting to use closer to 90 degrees, because the flap surface is relatively small, but this might be excessive. Maybe I should maiden with 45 degrees?  I only have the one flap extended position on my Dxi6.