RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCEXL Opto Kill and Airtronics 92824 receiver issue
Old 09-06-2011, 05:20 AM
mschulz531

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCEXL Opto Kill and Airtronics 92824 receiver issue

I have an RDS 8000 and the 92824 8 channel RX controlling a DLE-30 on an SU-26 airframe. I also have the RCEXL opto kill switch on this system. The ignition is powered by a 4.8v nimh battery and the rx/servos are powered by a 7.2v life battery routed through a 6v voltage regulator. I originially had the kill switch setup on channel 5 and it worked for me just fine. A week later I dropped the TX and busted the gear swtich on the top left corner of the TX so I had to move the kill switch to ch 8 on the RX. To do this I had to insert a y-adapter so I could connect both battery and kill switch to ch 8. The toggle switch on the right side of the RDS 8000 (right next to the dual rate aileron toggle switch) is now used for my opto kill switch. I would have used ch 7 for this but I have dual elevator servos as well, so that took ch 7. You might try ch 7 for your kill switch instead of ch 5 just to see if it is something with the voltage level on ch5. I seem to remember something about needing to make sure the endpoint on the channel used for the opto kill switch needed to go all the way to zero, so if you don't have full range on ch5 that might cause the problem.
Hope this helps.
-Mike