RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI 4WD Baja 5SC. SAY WHAT?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:37 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HPI 4WD Baja 5SC. SAY WHAT?

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Whatever it is, Losi have outdid them with their new release, IMO. The only thing HPI has going for them is Baja fanboys and the aftermarket parts. Time will tell...
I highly doubt it. Losi's first effort into the 1/5th market...let's wait and see before making any bold statements.

As for this HPI, very interesting. Far more interesting than a losi gasser. Let's have a quick recap what the Savage Flux did for the nitro Savage. It slaughtered it. In every conceivable department. I don't care if you're one of those people that says 'it's the sound and the smell', the Flux trounced its nitro brethren and left them shivering in its wake. If this is planned to do the same to the HPI Baja 5b, then I for one can't wait to see it. I'll bet right now that this is more epic than the Losi.

The waiting game indeed.

Overstated. I'd rather run a nitro 1/10 Tower whatever-MT than a Savage Flux - or anything electric.. Boring.

I still go to a parking lot occasionally and run some tanks around in my MT, and the kids and even old guys and women whose jaws drop at the screaming nitro always gives me a kick. (Not that burning nitro and running the cars themselves doesn't also - it does..) But who really gets a thrill out of a silent electric zipping back and forth?... Not me - and lots of other people. Electric ain't all that.

As for gassers, this Losi is the first one to make it into the cool camp afaic... Assuming it holds up..
You have definately been sniffing to much nitro.... I used to only run nitro until I got a Savage Flux now my nitros sit collecting dust... Brushless and lipos all the way...