RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fabric covering options?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 03:38 PM
oldtyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fabric covering options?

ORIGINAL: sensei

ORIGINAL: DGrant

Of the above mentioned covering brands.. Is there any that are better for taking paint.. ? Such as graphics/striping.... I'm liking the above planes.. that Kadet is very nice!.. and that Giant is incredible...I've seen that before, had a few pics as it was being built... actually have the flying vid on my YouTube... are you the original owner/builder? That thing is nuts!!

I've wondered about iron-on fabrics myself... I'm an iron-on film nut..and really like the films and what can be done.. I've also got a Cub now in my building line-up.. and an wondering about fabrics..

Also.... I'd like floats on my Cub.... how does each brand stack up when used on water?.. float-flying.. ?
Yes, I am the designer and builder of the Staudacher. Truth is; when I am building a hyper light R/C airplane, then I am going to use Monokote or Ultracoat, pure and simple, keep it light...

On all the scale and full scale aircraft I have built and covered, Stits covering system has been the final word... Trying to compare the covering systems listed in this thread and distributed for model use only to Stits is like comparing an old Ford Pinto to a 2011 Audi SR8 V-10.. It's all just a joke in comparison. LOL

Bob

Hey.............[>:]....................I loved my 1973 Ford Pinto!!!!! Especially after I put a 302 V8 in it.............