RCU Forums - View Single Post - 8ight t 2.0 454 rtr pipe
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 8ight t 2.0 454 rtr pipe

The Losi HT type, "high torque" or not, has more top end IMO than torque. Have them on two LST2's and have raced an HT (stock Muggy) pipe in buggy and a couple truggies, and they definitely let the engines wind out more on top than give them like stump-pulling torque or anything. With a Mach 427 and the HT pipe I was even getting 10 minutes in truggy.. Key to top end in these SH engines is an OS A5 plug too.

I realize now though that the performance of those engines was somewhat skewed because I was running a well-used Fioroni slider clutch - zero maintenance, which is great.., but I suspect it made things way too soft on the low end.. For bashing though, awesome clutch.. 10 gallons + with pretty much just changing the bearings every couple gallons..

To the OP, have you even run the stock engine and pipe yet? If not, I would say just try it and see how it goes.. Unless you're racing at a pretty high level, I really don't think investing in a pipe is gonna make a big difference. Again, servos and tires, servos and tires.. AND SETUP. And a good clutch is also very important..

The 2090 pipes here funnily enough are cheap.. Jmaxey, are they really that good? I want something for my Argus(Alpha S852 more or less..), and everybody says get the 0801 - but they're not available here.. The 2090 I can get locally for €60(most pipes cost €80+... I could get an 0801 from Austria I think, for €95.. Paid €110 shipped for the Argus.. Or, order from abroad, wait while it goes to Customs, etc..) They (the 2090) don't seem to have caught on much yet.. I also care much more about power than run-time.. So far I'm not too impressed with the JP-4 on it, or now the 2063 that I tested last weekend(though generally I love this pipe...)