RCU Forums - View Single Post - Roto motor 35FS
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 08:19 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Roto motor 35FS

I have one. I can not call it an excellent engine based on my experiences. It took me about a month and a half to finnally get my engine to run (long story). From what I can tell, it sounds like the ignition boxes that come with these engines are just not reliable at all. My original ignition that came with my 35fs would not run at all, it just had no spark. I contacted the seller and manufactuerer and sent it back and a month later they sent me another ignition box and I installed it on the motor again. The second ignition box ran for a total of 1 time for about 15 minutes and then it quit giving out spark. I then bought a dle 55 ignition box and hall sensor and installed it on the the roto motor 35fs and It has ran well ever since. It sounds great, but I agree its not a super powerful motor. Another thing the manual does not say but the manufacturer does is to use either an 18x8 or 19x8 for break in. That will help get a little higher rpm. I didnt know that and broke mine in on a 20x10. With a 20x10 prop I was only able to get about 5300 RPM's.

David