RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCEXL Opto Kill Switch Ignition vs. receiver Voltage Question
Old 09-21-2011, 06:09 PM
sthill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCEXL Opto Kill Switch Ignition vs. receiver Voltage Question

All,
Thanks for the help. I’ve tried just about everything I can think of to get the RCEXL switch to work with my 92824 RX including: changing batteries (4.8v and 6v), taking the mechanical switch out of the loop, unplugging all of the other servos on the RX, changing channels, changing endpoints on the channels, etc. I’m pretty sure my configuration isn’t to blame as I have tried other Airtronics and Spektrum receivers and they seem to work with the Opto but neither of my 92824 receivers work. I guess I could have gotten a bad optical kill but it just isn’t worth wasting my time on anymore.

So gave a Tech-Aero Ultra IBEC a try and am very happy with it. I took it out and ran it for almost 30 minutes this weekend and not a hiccup! Since this is a smaller model (20cc) I can save a battery and get the plane to balance much better. For $55 I think this product is a good deal as it isn’t much more than an ignition battery + optical kill. I think the best thing I can say about this product is that it just works: simple, clean, easy and light.

Regards,
Steve