RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLA 56
Thread: DLA 56
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:00 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DLA 56

ORIGINAL: steen49

Got a DLA 56 a few months ago. Engine runs (ran) fine, no problems what so ever........... untill 3 of the mounting lugs or ears or whatever they are called, broke for no apparent reason on the 7th flight. I killed the engine and dead stick landed it 20 seconds into the flight. Pure luck that it did not cost my me Hangar 9 Carden Yak and everything inside it.
Will get a new engine from the dealer here in Denmark free of charge, but I'm not sure I will risk putting it into any of my planes. Perhaps I can sell it for $ 5 on eBay, if I am lucky.

Apart from that............. the engine was a beauty to start and ran excellent - for 6 flights at least.

rgds
Schaff
I have seen the ears break on about all brand engines and most of the time it is caused by putting stress on the stand offs when mounting the engine, If the bolts do not go into stand offs with out forcing the stand offs just make the mounting holes a little larger.

Pulling the stand offs to match the mounting holes will put a strain on the ears causing them to fail.

Milton