RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Fast Fun" - Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Diesel6401
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE:

Well there is a lot of information to obtain and gather forums like offshoreelectrics.com are FULL of great information for just boating. That motor esc and something like a x440/3 prop should give you the results your looking for fast and inexpensive fun. Is that boat going to be a rocket no, but if setup properly it will run really nice with the given items you have listed. I think the 1900kv leopard 3674 may suit your needs and setup the best. I would change the swordfish out for a seaking 120 (the swordfish esc are very good, but require waterproofing to make more reliable) which is a little more smoother and better waterproofed from the factory. I would also add the programming card for that. The esc, motor and prop can be picked up at offshoreelectrics.com. Also check out kintecracing.com. You will need a water jacket for that. The Turnigy batteries are pretty good and a good value but shipping if not at the USA warehouse is very slow from china. Check out hobbypartz.com for some Gens ace lipos. They have some 2s 5300mah battereis that are awesome. As for chargers the more watts the better. Typical ac/dc chargers are 50w and for your batteries it will work just fine, as a new guy Iwould recommend something like a Hyperion eos0606i charger. It has some nice saftey features that would help a new guy out. Some of the cheaper chargers don't offer any good saftey features. Also the hyperion is a very nice charger and balances very well as well has a storage mode. I would read up on lipo batteries, they are amazing but require special care. Good luck with your project!