RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brushless gets hot
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless gets hot

Newbe:

Right off, this is a pusher installation, so no air is going over the motor, ESC and battery. Not to worry, you need a watt meeter to do things right anyway. Prop until you have watt draw below the rating of the moror, ESC and battery. Usually they go cheep on the ESC, so a HK turnigy pro rated around 10 more watts will do the job. There is lots of great info on the web, go to Red Schoefields "Battery Clinic" for great tips and got to know info, also Dr. Kiwi knows his stuff and lots of good info from him and others. A couple of years ago, I decided the 3D guys were having more fun,so gotta take on a new challange. After a while, the challange became affording the equipment at the rate I was killing it. A buddy started me off on the cheepie Hobby King stuff, motors, ESC's and batteries. Now, after learning to do good rolling circles I am back to some higher end stuff, but do not see much change in quality and performance. There are some 20 birds on the ceiling including AJ extras, Yacks and other "The best flyers ever". Most are very dusty as what goes to the field are a couple of RC Powers designs along with a Performanceairobatics Addiction X. What I learned to do rolling circles on and the only one of the 20 that would be replaced if I lost it. Truly a great forgiving flyer, needed whin you hit 76 like this old foggy. Maby my satisfaction with the Hobby King stuff is luck, or the fact that my last name is same as one of the HK owners. If i got into raceing and other high performance stuff, yes back to thunderpower, hacker and others. Read, read, read and ENJOY