Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Steve Jobs

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

I beat all of you. not really

I hate Microsoft, Apple, and Google.

This is my friend, Tux.
Yeah, Linux is a friend until you want to install something.

sudo ****ing work god dammit!
Its not all that hard :/
I could definetly be improved quite a bit with the exception of some Distros, but nonetheless its much better concept wise. Packageing OS's with computers etc is practically criminal.

to go a bit off topic (Hope I'm not flung on MS for this seeing I'm not bashing anything)
when netbooks were 1st launched majority ran linux. Guess what majority got returned cause people couldn't figure them out. Some places sited a 45%+ return rate from what I remember (I think it was even higher)
I was working for a school's IT dept at that time, and 2 employees bought them, and brought them to IT cause they said they must be broke cause they couldn't install MS Office on them along with all their other programs they need(and no there was no linux variant)... I was like this isn't windows, and told them they would to get a copy of windows, they were extremely puzzled...

Also look at most linux users. They generally are way more computer savvy than standard apple, or microsoft users, and generally don't buy retail PC's due to them being generally inferior as to what you can get if you build it yourself for the same cash.

1 reasons Apple, and microsoft do so well in the OS market specially on store bought machines (and why they install their OS's) is people who buy PC's just want them to work like their TV's, and DVR's they do not want to sit there fiddling with the box trying to install an OS before they can even use the machine.
One other is they have a standard installer method, something which linux lacks big time. Lets face it which is easier clicking on a installer file, or looking for the RPM, DEB, TGZ, PUP, or whatever bizarre format you need, and hope its in your format or else you have to sit their and compile it... This is why linux fails with the average consumer.