RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 11:37 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SAP 180 (Syssa Performance)

ORIGINAL: tele1974

I installed the Syssa in my Venus II and got a couple of flights in this afternoon and it appears it going to be a good combination for pattern practice for what's left of this season and next years contest. I setup it up because I had no choice but to setup an inexpensive running combo. I ran the 15x12 APC prop and it has more than enough power for me flying sportsman. This is the first I have ran the stock pitts muffler and wow it's loud. I'm not able to run my pipe and I would like to quiet the Syssa as much as it can.
What can i do to lower the decibels other an the atenuators that Todd offers. Can a I use Briggs or Echo muffler on it? I understand that the back pressure would reduce it's power.
Patrick,

If the mufflers you suggested will fit, try them. I've never used the stock Syssa muffler so I'm not sure what to expect. One thing that has helped glow engines before is stuffing the muffler with steel wool. But you've got to find out a good balance between noise attenuation and power reduction. The attenuators Todd sells for the muffler work fairly well as I understAND IT, but again, I've not done it myself.