RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who is going to Mid Georgia Jet Rally ?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:50 PM
jclittle
My Feedback: (99)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who is going to Mid Georgia Jet Rally ?

I've been to Mac Hodges place several times over the last few years and flown my Kingcat, its a great venue for sport jets and some larger geared military jets. Probably not the best for heavy metal but if you fly a Flash, Lightning, Kingcat, Boomerang, Reaction, etc you will be fine. The runway is large and for the most part in very good condition except a couple places to stay clear of. There is also one of the best hobby shops in the SE on the property, not much in the way of jet related items but everything else you can imagine. The last few years the event was held in the summer, doing it in the fall will be a big improvement! Its always been a very laid back event, not well attended but I'm sure the heat had a lot to do with that.

Not sure quite yet if I will head down or not, just getting back from a couple of weeks in Asia the day before it starts.

Here are a couple of photos from Mac's that were taken during a full scale Cub evert this past April. You can easily see how large the runway is.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69162.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1672519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23414.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1672520