RCU Forums - View Single Post - zdz 40 RV carb
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 06:46 AM
ATVAlliance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: zdz 40 RV carb

This is a brand new build using an old motor (the motor is barely used just in storage for a year or so) so I dont think I have an issue with the tank or lines...but I will double check them just to be sure.

Since this was a motor that had sit on the shelf for a while is why I thought putting in a new diaphram would solve it.

I can squeeze the tank and force fuel into the carb and the engine will run long enough to burn that fuel out. I actually had it running when using an electric starter before the rebuild...but it wouldnt even get to half throttle before choking out. I thought that was a symptom on not enough fuel draw at higher RPMs. Again, another reason for a new diaphram.

But still...same issue with new rebuild. I dont have an electric starter with enough butt on it to start it(borrowed one at the field last week to start with). So by hand I cant keep it running.

Anyway...I still would be interested in knowing what carb I could buy to put on it as a direct bolt on. Because I dont have a test stand that this engine will mount to and its mounted to an Extra 300 that is a PITA to unhook the throttle and choke linkages to work on. So it may be worth 60 bucks just to buy a new carb and be done with it...IF its the carb. I'll double check the pulse holes to make sure I am getting a pulse thru it to the carb.

I did notice that the carb has a pulse hole...then there is a gasket (thin one) with a hole in it which matched up to a mylar looking spacer with a hole it it that has a routered groove/channel it it over to the other side of the spacer and a hole there too. Im pretty sure I have it together right but I will double check. Whats the deal with that routed channel on the spacer block. Looks like it goes to "nowhere"?

Thanks for you guys input.