RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bill Falck's Special "Rivets" large scale
Old 10-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Nitro2Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bill Falck's Special

JS3- How detailed are the 3-views, like are they good enought to blow up for accurate measurements? If so then yes please.

Highplains- Love the cover shot, the rules here maintain the model is to be a scale representation of the real version. I am off to check out the other aircraft in this catagory in a few eeks to see what I'm up against but I do know the hangar 9 sundowner and seagull nemesis nxt are allowed. This said I'm more of the path less taken kind of bloke which is why I love the Rivets, T-tail designed aircraft that you don't see alot of around the traps.

I'm figuring that the real one at the cockpit would have been around 20 to 24" wide which makes for a pretty wide fuse at around 8-9.6 inches. Once I check out the rest of the competition I will know how scale I need to be, though I would love to get it close to right if I can. Never know it may even make a plane worth "kitting" one day.

The next thing I will need to work out once I'm past the fuse is the wing section best for racing and whether or not to go for built up or foam core. I imagine I will be going for a reasonably thin wing design but need to keep enough strength for high G turns also.