RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Sport .40 with Jett SJ .56LX! Pics & Video!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:29 PM
KC10Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Sport .40 with Jett SJ .56LX! Pics & Video!!!

ORIGINAL: glowplugboy

I'm curious. Do you ever have any encounters with wild animals at your club field? Moose? Bear? Deer?
Well, there are no deer in Alaska. However, a moose is a member of the deer family. I have seen moose a couple of times while out flying. I've never seen a bear at the RC field though. Bears are pretty skittish and they'll avoid anywhere there are people. Moose don't care. Moose are a lot more dangerous than bears but you won't have problems with either of them as long as you leave them alone. I carry bear spray on me if I'm out by myself somewhere. Last year, I was flying and a moose ran across the runway. I had a moose in my back yard a couple of hours ago. I see them almost every day. I saw four different ones today alone. All here in town. It's a little less common to see bears. I've probably seen 10 bears in the last year or so. When I go fly full scale, I always carry a 12 gauge or a 44 mag with me. I prefer the 12 gauge as it's easier to shoot critters with.

Ever see any wild hogs down your way? I used to hunt hogs in Oklahoma and Texas. Good times.