RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC companies which are like car companies...
Old 10-24-2011, 03:03 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RC companies which are like car companies...

Just an abstract post here, but I was thinking the other day after spending some time looking at the new Thunder Tiger monster truck (MT4 G3), which is, frankly, astonighingly good... that some RC companies are like some car companies.

Disclaimer: These are generalisations, I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.

I likened Thunder Tiger in my mind to Nissan. Nissan is a company that generally makes very average cars aimed at those looking for cheap city runarounds, but every so often, they do something completely mad, and it works. Think Nissan Pulsar GTiR back in the day, then the Skyline series, then the 350Z, and more recently the evolution of the Skyline series, the GTR.

Then I thought about some other companies. HPI reminds me of Ford...mostly middle of the road stuff, except a few outstanding flagship models.

Traxxas reminds me of Chevy...powerful good looking models mostly, but nothing that could compete on a racetrack.

Xray are like Honda. Every car put together with incredible precision, every car feeling the racing heritage.

Mugen are like Porshe. Only the finest quality, single minded purpose with no passion. Function over anything else.

Any one have any other thoughts or want to change mine?