RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC companies which are like car companies...
Old 10-24-2011, 08:54 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC companies which are like car companies...

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Xray are like Honda. Every car put together with incredible precision, every car feeling the racing heritage.
Not sure if you've driven a US-market Honda...maybe the euro market Hondas are totally different...but if you drive any US market Honda, even the Civic Si and other sporty models knowing nothing else, you'd be shocked that Honda knew what racing was[&:]

ORIGINAL: 378

ORIGINAL: Foxy

OK, I'm gonna go ahead and reclassify Xray as Ferrari, pure performance, with a racing soul.

By the way, it may not be evident from the last 10 years, but Honda is one of the most successful racing teams in history. Ayrton Senna was honda powered for most of his career.
Senna's engines are the only successful Honda racing venture I can name. Ford, Porsche, GM, Ferrari, Mazda, all successful in racing, using, respectively, GT40, 911, Corvette, everything they make, 787B and Miata. Honda? Two engines are all that comes to mind, I can't think of anything else. Might be because everything they make is front wheel drive, and the few RWD ventures they've made never hit racing circles all that well. NSX, wonderful car, don't remember it dicing it up with the Vipers and 911s for GT1/GT2 honors at Le Mans. S2000 never made sports car/touring car circuits either, despite again being a nice little car. And...oh god do I even have to mention their F1 team? That was a very Top Gear outfit down to the core.
Suddenly Honda never made the RC30, RC45, and RC51...