RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR12X Changing Switch Assignments
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: JR12X Changing Switch Assignments

Ummm.... You're not going to be able to split out a single control like your elevator while the rudder/ailerons run together and get triple rates. One of the things the JR won't do that the Futaba will since the JR doesn't have native triple rate programming. The only way to ge triple rates with the JR is to use the Flight Modes and that won't let you isolate one control surface on another switch.

Took me a bit to learn the 9C and I hated the elevator lag issue so I went to a 9Z WCII. You 'wanna talk about a tx that's tough to learn the programming... after three days and no triple rates I was ready to send it back to Tower... lol

I did eventually figure it out and that's a great radio but not user friendly so when I switched to JR/Spektrum, I thought I could figure it out in a day or two; not so. I've spent a lot of time over on FG where some real sharp guys were really helping folks out with programming questions on the 12X. I've had mine three years now and I'm still learning new things it'll do which I've not seen documented any where before. It's a great radio but as we mentioned, it doesn't quite have the switch assignment versatility you get with Futaba.

Oh, you're 'gonna LOVE that 120. I have one on the 2.6 Comp-Arf in my avatar and at 28.0lbs the DA hauls that thing around like a foamie. Be prepared to do some experimenting with props.