RCU Forums - View Single Post - Experiment with a emergency chute
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 07:54 AM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Experiment with a emergency chute

HI Jules,

You and Theo never cease to amaze me with your ideas that always seem to work great. The idea of a reserve chute that works exactly like a real skydiver uses, is a stroke of genius. I am anxious to see how it works. How about putting them up for sale. I could sure use one in the 5 to 6 skydiver demos I do per year.

The HALO thing we did in Columbus is now a part of my demo. I have and old "Charly", the one I used at the meet in Columbus, that is modified for fast chute deployment to do a delayed opening as close to the ground as possible . The first one opened at about 5 ft and the spectators loved it. The second one was not so lucky. The chute did not open and it crashed into the ground. The spectators loved that too! I found out that the switch vibrated to the off position while the jump plane climbed for altitude (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!) Old "Charly has been rebuilt and is ready to go again.

Too bad you and I could not make it to Muncie this year. Maybe another time!! We were just staying home to give the other guys a chance to win for a change. Look out Gary, we may make it next year!!!!