RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Tune Your Super Vee 27
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Krusher_r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Tune Your Super Vee 27

Hi everyone; just a follow-up on my SV27 experiments this Summer.

Running 3S2P (two 3s batteries in parallel) + Prather S215 prop, my average max speed was right around 25MPH. That's a good "fun" speed and the 4000 LiPo's last forever. Motor ran a little hot but not too much; ESC just a little warm.

Well at the end of this season, my motor was starting to go (bearings) and Idecided to have some fun. Running the same setup as 6S1P (two 3s batteries in series), I was getting up to 36.7MPH on the stock motor. Was.

That's because I toasted the motor. Not a big deal, it was bad anyway. The leads coming out of the motor were so hot, that they melted the tygon tubing that comes out from the cooling jacket. This wasn't the reason for the melt-down however; I could still blow through the tubing fine after it was all done. The motor spins freely so I tossed it out.

So next year, as long as my ESC is still good, I'll either get a bigger boat and use that motor in the SV27, or just use the Neu Motor Ihad pulled out. Iwas flipping the boat a lot with the Neu Motor however, where the stock SV27 motor was on the edge. 37MPH was a nice, just barely-controllable speed.

Surface water temp was 62F.

That means...no 6S on the stock motor lol!