Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 12:47 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ESM FW D-9

ORIGINAL: n8622t

Thanks for the 53cc run video Speed hair over 7000rpm on a 19X11 3 blade is pretty respectable...So you go to a 20X12 or 21X10 and you should be in the mid 6000 range, Sweet, that should blister the sky. The engine has some decent authority in power based on Tics video...My YZ 48cc twin with a 20X10 never pulled out of a climb like Tics FW did. This is a good engine guys

Jimmy
Yeah not bad at all. Ideally I would love to spin a 22x8 3-blade, but I think It might still be just that little bit too much for a stock engine. There are a couple of little things I will do to the engine now that I have the cowl off the model again, and i can't wait till I get through the 5gal of running in fuel I prepared to get it on some decent stuff I'll run it up with the 22x8 2 blade to get what figures I get. Those prices for Xoar props wasn't too bad at all!! I better go see how much shipping to Oz will set me back.

In terms of the vertical now, It's a little short from what i would like, but to be fair, I did a 1/3 throttle pass, gunned it and pulled up at the same time so she didn't get a chance to build up speed. I still feel that the weather conditions on the day made it hard work for the model and I'll looking forward to flying it in decent wind conditions and not the blustery 10-15kts we were getting.

Thanks

dave

Thanks

dave