RCU Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed in RC Advancement Over Last 20 Years
Old 11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Disappointed in RC Advancement Over Last 20 Years

Well I would have to somewhat agree with the OP in that compared to some other areas of life RC does lag behind, computer radios have remained relativly unchanged over the last 15 yrs or so, compared to say computers in general and look at the automobiles we have, cars that park themselves woa! But I agree with a previous poster that this hobby is not a hugh segment of the buying public and it will most likely stay that way for the foreseeable future. R & D is slow to move along if there is not a big market and $$ for it and we will just have to wait for the trickle down effect. Look at the demise of the local hobby shop, check your yellow pages under Hobby lately? We are a society of I want it now, I want it cheap, and I want the latest. I don't think any of us who have been in this hobby for any amount of time have stayed in it because of all the wow factors, we stay because we enjoy it for what it is and we like some new things but we also don't like to change just because something is the latest or greatest. Still alot of stick and fabric builders out there and theres a landfill out there full of the latest and greatest stuff. It is fun remembering when, after all memories are about all that lasts forever. Enjoy it for what it is a nice relaxing hobby