RCU Forums - View Single Post - Battery Charger/Cycler Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Battery Charger/Cycler Recommendations

Capt Lou's suggestion is in line with my experiences. I have 4 of the FMA Cellpro chargers (different models) and each has been great. The PowerLab series are especially nice and worth every cent IMHO. I also have an Accucycle Elite that is about 5 years old and one side quit charging about a year ago, the other output still works fine. My nephew has the same charger, bought roughly around the same time, and his did the same thing within 6 months of mine. Not sure why as neither his or mine have ever been abused. The voltage accuracy of the some of the Chinese chargers is suspect and that can be a problem if charging/balancing Lipoly's etc. There are instructions on the "net" for changing some of the electronic components to bring the accuracy up to spec. To me that too much work because for roughly the same money I can get a FMA Cellpro Multi 4 and have a very reliable charger that charges most everything. It can also be hooked to a computer (requires an additional kit) for firmware updates and for setting up the "presets" of which there are 25. Good luck with whichever you choose.