RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....
Old 12-01-2011, 05:03 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

ORIGINAL: 87MagnumII

I've been following this thread since traxxas posted the big spinning x on their website. As you can tell by number of posts that Im pretty new to the site and to rc in general. I'm learning quickly and having a blast but there are a few things I'm sick of just from reading this thread.

I'm tired of the haters stereotyping traxxas owners as stupid Neanderthals that know nothing. Pretty much comparing us to primates. Not everbody has a want or need for a top notch racer. I have two slash4x4's, a spartan, two xl5 rustlers for my kids and a Losi mini 8 buggy. I understand that these are not the most sophisticated platforms and I really don't care. We have fun as a FAMILY and that is what matters the most in my opinion. My slash 4x4 is setup pretty good and I'm doing well with it on 1/8 buggy track, not as nimble as a team associated truck, but it still holds its own. I wish that some people could remember back when they started that they didn't have the best of the best either but I bet it still put a smile on their face.

The other thing is all trash about apple and their customers. I've read comments on here that almost insinuate that just because you have an iPhone means that you are a total ass wipe, which is totally not true. I carry one and so do a lot of people for more reasons than listening to music and and playing games. It's actually got this really great feature called email, as do most phones but it is much easier to use than a black berry or android in my opinion. The gps is killer, the battery life is good, the camera is fair but better than a lot of other phones, and it doubles as a hot spot for other devices to connect to the internet. It is not quite as open to 3rd party as other phones but it is also a very stable platform that is virtually virus free. All of these features suite a variety of needs for all kinds of people not just us dumb traxxas owning techies.

The car itself is very cool but I have little interest in on road but I do think the new radio is very neat and plan on getting one for all of my other trucks. Yes it is convenient for me because I do have an iPhone and I can understand that some are frustrated by the fact that it is apple only. On the other hand look at the innovation here, do you think other manufacturers are just gonna sweep this under the rug? I'd say not. Traxxas took a big step with this thing and the others are soon to follow I'm sure.

I also believe that if someone is willing to shell out $1100 for this car another $100 for a used iPod touch should be no big deal. This is the first step in the right direction and it's only going to get better from here. Soon enuff there will be something for everyone.

So please the next time you feel the need to bash a traxxas owner or an iPhone owner, keep it to yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. There are other forums on the Internet that don't have near the trash talk that this one does and as much as I hate to say it I will probably start to frequent those more so than this one because I won't have to sift thru the trash to find useful information. Not saying there isn't useful info on RCU but there is a lot more static to filter out to find it

Im sorry if I offend anyone but this is supposed to be a fun sport and I don't feel like I should be degraded because of my brand of choice. If I had they money I'd own one of everything but that is not the case so for the time being I will stick with what I have and continue to have fun with it
Really!
so as it looks like your limited posts in this thread you start off by ripping into people who know alot about RC??
help me out with that one... [:-]
what upsets me is the fan boys who rip not on a product or service or even to stay on topic of the thread in general, but on PEOPLE who are posting comments!!