RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 07:10 PM
crash bandicoute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***

Do335a, you're insane with your directions. i feel like i should have received something like that from Sig when ordering to Koverall and stix-it. maybe you should drop a resume with them. thank you very much. there's a lot there (actually most of it) that Sig doesn't tell you. all the directions i got were to apply it to the structure, wait for it to dry,lay down the cloth, and tighten it. i think i got more direction with monkeykote. thank you. it WILL help. i won't be using the dope though, as i can't stand the fumes of the stix-it, knowing the dope is worse, volunteering at the air museum here on base to restore the planes there. i plan to use minwax Poly-C for filling the weave.

when you sand, do you use a regular sanding bar, or 000 steel whool? i used wet/dry 320 and 400 grit on my floats after glassing and priming and then the steel wool, and i sware they felt smooth as plastic afterwards. SOOOO nice to paint on.

i think i'm only going to apply a couple layers of the Poly-C and then paint, so i can kep some of the fabric showing through. thank you for the abundance of information. i'm sure others will get the bug to use it after reading how simple it is.