View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:00 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Nuance

For the tail ring installation I used the template that was uploaded here:
http://rcone.kr/board/index.html?id=bjreference1&no=13

I downloaded the zip file version for the Neu motor. Even though this drawing set is for a hard mount installation, the tail ring support will be the same no matter what mount you use. It is a .DWG file so you need a viewer to open it. I prefer to use this rather than the JPG file that is also uploaded. If you want to get the viewer, go here and download the e-drawings viewer. It will allow you to open and view most CAD drawings, including Solidworks and Autocad. http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/pages/programs/download/ Its Free.

Once you have the JPG or e-Drawings file on the screen, then zoom the picture so that the tail ring opening is about 47mm on your screen. That's actual dimension of the tail ring opening, without the tubing, for the Neu motor housing (new version).

I taped a piece of paper on the screen and traced the shape of the tail ring support brackets.

I cut them out from the paper and did a fit check in the plane. They fit great.

I traced them onto a piece of lite ply and cut it out. It fits. I just need to trim them down a bit where they mate with the tail support ring.

It only took me about 15 minutes total time to do this. I would have been having fits trying to get the complex shape required to fit the tail ring supports, but the template made it very easy.

Next, I'll open the support brackets up a bit then laminate them with CF. Then glue in place and DONE.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14889.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1696921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55679.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1696922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20485.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	94.5 KB