RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to Large Scale Cars - Advice Needed
Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to Large Scale Cars - Advice Needed

ORIGINAL: madmax123

@mooman
as far as i read mike said (and while I think a kill switch is a good idea when you're not running on a track)so he wasn't disagreeing with what you said was he[&:] i agree i have never used a killswitch and i think they are a waste of money and only needed when other things may be set up wrong or if you are a novice or if you can't set the car up right,for onroad definatly not needed and for offroad just use a good radio too with a decent built in failsafe,in my offroad car i had a killswitch and it was a pain in the behind,any time i ran the car in any sort of moisture it just gave trouble,wouldn't reccomend,they are cheap for a reason cause they usually are crap

even on a track you are better off with a killswitch....i'd be none too happy if a runaway spanked into my car and bent it out of shape causing damage if it could have been avoided with a simple switch...i've 4 at the moment and none of them give any trouble, easy to hook up and zero maintenance...each to their own but to say and recommend they are only needed for novices is like saying only new car drivers need car insurance[X(] are kill switches mandatory... no ...recommended? i'd have to say yes

i agree on the on off switch...they always end up giving trouble