RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official XTM Monster MT Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 10:55 AM
NBCTANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official XTM Monster MT Thread

Hello
I'm just coming back from my RC coma. Trying to catch up on this MMT topic. Didn't know there was one outside of the Global Hobby forum. (I recognize a couple of you here, howdy). I still have my MMT from the beginning. My first, running, nitro was the XTM Original Mammoth I bought at the Hobby people Scratch and dent sale back in 2004. Went out bashing with a couple of Savage guys. Most of the time out, I'm trying to break something, they were trying to start theirs. In a race NO comp. Mammoth smoked them. I finally broke a wheel hub when I hit a concrete slab half buried in the dirt. The Body was done.

From then XTM was my brand of choice. I got most of the XTM trucks and buggies here and there over the years up to the MMT before I took an RC break.
I seen a lot of complaints about breaking parts, but a lot of it can be attributed to driver's error. Crash is self explanitory.
There some for size, such as the front universal pins breaking. Of course they are going to break more when running on streets. That a lot of torque and grab between the motor and asphalt. Something has to give. To fix/prevent if you are a street basher, run the same dogbone set up in the fron as in the rear.

I'm running mine with the XTM 457, the .28 modded port and the reverse module on it.

The .28 is in one and the 457 is in the other.