RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heaviest WWII Warbird flown with a G62?
Old 12-17-2011, 05:39 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Heaviest WWII Warbird flown with a G62?

I've never had one but I've seen a number of Ziroli corsairs fly with the G62 and a 22-10 prop and they flew very well with that engine/prop combo. They seemed to come out in the 30-35 lb range as I recall. This was in Ohio at the AF museum in Dayton at the DOGS flyin on Labor Day weekend. There was a group of warbird flyers from Indiana that came for several years with ziroli corsairs with that setup - they flew as well as any other warbird did there and there were quite a few warbirds there every year that I went there for over 10 years.. They were as fast as anything else and they would do any typical warbird maneuver easily.

An 80-90 cc engine would fly it better but since you don't have the money right now the G62 would fly it just fine if set up fairly well. And if you cn't get it running well then a bigger engine won't help much. The key is to find someone locally to help you set it up. Do you have any pictures to post of the engine setup in the plane? Maybe smeone here would have sugestions that might help.

Ed