RCU Forums - View Single Post - New OXAI CITRIN by Wolfgang and Roland Matt
Old 12-24-2011, 01:20 AM
cartercg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New OXAI CITRIN by Wolfgang and Roland Matt

Check out the new bipe by Wolfgang and Roland Matt:

http://www.oxai-rc.com/main/detail.aspx?ID=86

Has anybody taken delivery of what looks like a fantastic plane? What were the component weights and how do they compare with the claimed weight of 2350g? Making weight is going to require careful component selection.

How does it fly? Any flight reports? Any comparisons with the Peridot which is their latest mono design?

The specs suggest the use of BLS153 on Ail, S9071SB on Elev and S9070SB on Rudder.

The S9070SB is only 5.5kg at 6V which seems a little on the low side for Rudder? The S9071SB is not brushless and I doubt I’ll use the serial bus capability. As such I’m considering using BLS153 on both Ail and Elev (the BLS153 is the same size and weight as the S9071SB). And then using a BLS451 on rudder which is brushless, 10.6kg and .10sec at 6V. The BLS451 weighs 26g more than the S9071SB, but I expect the benefits of the brushless and more powerful servo warrant the additional weight? Any advice on servo selection would be appreciated.

Rest of my build would be Plett Advance motor, Spin99, Emcotec regulator switch, carbon spinner and prop, Futaba R6208SB receiver, TP4400 or TP5000 depending on weight.

Any opinion on the OXAI supplied linkages that come with the likes of the Peridot/Citrin? I’ve used the Central Hobbies carbon/titanium linkages in the past but will only do so if the linkages with the Citrin are not top notch. Any opinions on this?