Old 12-25-2011, 07:18 PM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Mini F-16 vintage project consideration

ORIGINAL: Jaspur_x

ORIGINAL: RickP

ORIGINAL: combatpigg
This is one reason why it makes more sense to go electric here.
Hello,
Well common sense would have left this topic in 1981. I am reliving a child hood experience here. I've got a EDF on order shortly here. This thread will require some grey matter
RP
Exactly!! And plz do a build thread on it for those of us curious about the same for all these years, even if you never go beyond the tinkering stage ; there is a ''nostalgia'' factor here that keeps the remaining kid in ''us'' going on the old ideas we never got to explore in our youth. Or just keep this thread rolling with your progress.
Hello All,
Well in case you didn't notice - thread started here you know you are helping me hone in on this thing. Some of my research has pointed me towards Picco .12's , but those are modern high performance RC car engines and I'd have to modify the head etc. I quickly started to loose interest. It's not about hi performance (although I would like superior performance for the time frame). I think it's about "nostalgia" as well. That being said I am loosing interest in anything beyond a Tee Dee .090 unfortunately. Something about those motors drawing me back. That's all I had when I started and I can still get them NIB. Go figure....

This is the thread so keep posted. The decision is coming quickly. If I can't do this with a vintage motor then i'm going to bail out. I can buy a foam edf and be done with it already. The journey is where the excitement is and I think if i can find a motor and fan combination I can decide on the decision will be made.

I am buying a bunch of vintage FANs from which I'll try to match up to an appropriate power plant. I do not work that fast so please bear with me. I'll keep you posted.
Kind regards,
Rick