RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?
Old 12-26-2011, 11:14 AM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?

ORIGINAL: Constrictor

ACtually I didnt post anything that can be disagreed with. All facts no opinions.
Everything you posted can easily be disagreed with because you fly on false & misleading info.

Gas is heavier, more dangerous, smells bad, less powerful, can't keep the plane in tgw house because of smell and dangerous fumes that could ignite particularly if leaks occur.
Except for the smell issue (only an issue for the girls anyway), ALL false!!!

I didnt say gas was not close to the power of glow, i said its less powerful and thats 100% true.
No it's false!
Just one example; a DLE20 is supposed to equivalent to a 1.20 glow, yet the DLE20 gasser is more equal to a Saito 1.50 (almost - better than a 1.20, not quite as good as a 1.50).

And throttle reponse, when you get into the bigger gas response is good but when you fly 3d like i
Do you notice throttle response or the lack therof on the smaller gas engines. Its common practice
To do throttle curves on small gassers to help this.
Wow, where do you get such nonsense from?

If your needing a throttle curve on any glow or gasser, it's because you don't understand the need for proper mechanical linkage geometry BEFORE any throttle curve.

By your own admission you fly only gas & electric. I see no evidence of you having true experience with gassers.

Neither gas, glow, nor electric are 'best'. If we asked the FF or turbine group they'd each be laughing at us.