RCU Forums - View Single Post - TT 61 GP leaning out?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 05:23 PM
skypiratescotty
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT 61 GP leaning out?

well, i searched for a while with no answeres so i guess i'll pose the question here. I'm flying a TT 61 GP and it has gotten to the point where it leans out no matter how I set the HSN. It has maybe 1 /2 gallons through it and is a powerhouse even running 1/2 turn on the rich side. anyway, second flight of the day it seemed to be leaning out when climbing for a loop so i landed and let it cool down a bit. refueled ( 10% coolpower, brand new jug ) and fired up. advanced to full throttle and pointed it up and it sagged. this is where i get lost. i ran the HSN closed and then opened 3 turns. still leaning out, kept going in 1/4 turn increments until i got 5 1/2 turns out and still leaning so i packed it up. i just pulled it off the plane and checked head, backplate and carb mount bolts. everythings tight and no leaks except the prop shaft will move in/out like 1/16" that i never really noticed before. bad front bearing? there is no side to side play and when it was running the last time it looked smooth except for revving/ sagging flat and level at WOT. i don't know.....any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Scotty