RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do you fly your planes?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 05:25 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: How do you fly your planes?

Since this is a vintage thread lets start with the two vintage planes I've owned.

I flew my trusty old Commodor RC'd free flighter like a free flighter. Most tiimes I'd climb up wind a ways then trim it to fly big slow circles a 1/3 to 1/2 throttle and let it fly where it wanted too. When it got downwind of the field I'd straighten it out go back upwind and do it again. The exception to this was just shooting touch and go's.

I have (awaiting recovering) a Great Planes standard Aeromaster that was flown with a YS91. Since it was a 60's pattern plane I flew it in a SCALE like patten mannor. Big slow loops and rolls. The most aggessive thing I'd do with that was a snap roll which may continue to a spin. My wife said it was my Happy Plane, it flew like it was happy doing it

Otherwise, like most of you I fly very scale like. I too like the challenge of makeing my take offs and landings look as full scale as possible. My first 2012 flights yesterday were with my BUSA Fokker Eindecker 90 just putzing around at 1/3 throttle.

Happy New Year and Happy Landings
Tom