RCU Forums - View Single Post - RedCat Sumo for a 6yr old?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: RedCat Sumo for a 6yr old?

ORIGINAL: gprdpr

I would certainly consider the Losi, but the price difference is pretty substantial. If nothing else, the RedCat parts could be ordered online...couldn't they?
Yes, there are many ebay dealer(myself included) and e-stores that carry redcat parts.

the sumo uses "AAA" batts to run, which are a bit more kid friendly than a rechargable nimh pack.

And, while both the losi and sumo are listed as 1/24 scale...the sumo is a bit bigger. the losi is 5.8 inches long and the sumo is 6.7 inches long.

While the losi is a better truck, in that it can be hopped up to be a really amazing crawler, i dont see the point in an expensive indoor crawler. Crawling is way more fun outdoors. So if i were going to get a crawler for inside the house, I wouldnt spend a ton of cash on one.

Oh, and the losi doesnt have 4 wheel steering...and that does add more fun to the driving. It add another aspect to how you drive it. Knowing when to use the differnt 4ws modes ect. I have owned the RS10 from redcat...which uses the same 4ws setup and i can tell you it adds alot of capablity to a truck to have 4ws.
In most 1/10 rock crawling comps, 4ws is not allowed except in special classes...cause of how much it adds to the truck's ability.