RCU Forums - View Single Post - Knowledge Quiz for Warbird wiz
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 03:20 PM
F2G-1
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Knowledge Quiz for Warbird wiz

I feel like we're playing stump the chump.

I'm thinking North American XB-70 Valkyrie?

ORIGINAL: Ernie P.

ORIGINAL: a65l

Quite allright. ''Dinah with the fine Linah'' was one of the menonics for the airplane used by allied fliers, I kind of thought that the clue about the lines would give it away. One of a few aircraft that can claim to have served throughout the entire war.
You're up Ernie...
Thank you, Sir. A good question about a very fast plane. Since I will be out until late this evening, why don't we start with a few extra clues? Thanks; Ernie P.

This is the story of a new twist on an old type of aircraft. It was ultimately deemed unnecessary; but early on it looked like a good way to solve a problem that might have been very difficult. In the end, other ways were found to solve the problem. But, in the beginning, who knew how things would work out?

Question:

Clues:

(1) It never entered true production, but a number of production aircraft were ordered even before the prototype had flown. ICBM's and SAMS evolved.
(2) It was intended to be a means of solving a problem encountered early in the jet age. Deep penetration

(3) In the end, it was not needed. Other means were discovered to solve the problem.see #1
(4) But it was the fastest of its type ever built. mach 3+