RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skidoo Rev XP snowmobile hop-up
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
sokey70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skidoo Rev XP snowmobile hop-up

If we look at this picture I think we can make the same basic skid layout and mono shock design without getting overcomplicated. I was fortunate to score a Rev XP as well as the larger Polaris. I ended up purchasing the bulkhead and swing arms that are mentioned in that thread for the from suspension. As for the rear, I couldn't find the RS4 arms but I have access to 1/4" thick lexan and was thinking I would just measure out what I need, cut it, and drill a hole for the arms to pivot on. Let me know what you guys think. The only think really holding me back now is getting the CAD and aluminum skids cut by someone.

I've even thought about a dual shock design like so and making the swing arms out of small metal rod. I haven't fabbed much so this is all just flowing from my head, not sure if it's good. Thoughts? Now that I'm thinking about it a dual shock may be just too much for the smaller sled, especially getting front shock that short with good functionality. Here I am rambling. Post your thoughts.