RCU Forums - View Single Post - .074 MARAUDER !!!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: .074 MARAUDER !!!

Just a "blog entry" more than anything tonight.
The plane flew perfect right off the work table today.
The CG was moved forward slightly per Jim Thomerson's advice. What I did was grind down the steel control horn until it is 1/4 of what it originally was. The plane grooves nicely on the level.
The leadout position was spot on. Just behind the CG. I glued the adjustable block in place and covered up the wingtip.
The wingtip weight was just enough to tip the balance outboard and that was enough.
These 20 pound test Spiderlines are nearly weightless and practically invisible, too.
The plane pulls these 50 foot lines nice and tight through the entire routine.
After the engine quits, the glide is good enough for me to get about 1/2 of a lap to choose a landing spot. Wouldn't want to see this plane any heavier.
The 2 inch line spacing at the handle worked well with the 2 inch spacing at the bellcrank. If the handle is cranked hard, the plane will respond pretty tightly. I never did get it to stall.
I tried to get some video, but even with a zoom backed all the way off there were only short glimpses that were worth looking at. The allignment of the camera was set too low and I ran out of day light to play with that any more.