RCU Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Volcano S30 Engine
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Upgrade Volcano S30 Engine

ORIGINAL: Kristoffer_E

What you said about the suspension makes a lot of sense now Ithink of it, and the damaged diffs are what Iwas worried about. Even with a metal spur, I'm afraid that much power would just break something else in that center tranny.

I'll look into suspension tuning as well as a clutch bell with a couple less teeth, and see what happens.
also keep in mind that it may not be too bad fitting the new engine but also think about ther servos. I'm pretty sure the .28 is a slide carb which means your servo in it's stock position won't work. This is not the worst thing in the world and actually a lot of people get enjoyment out of these kind of engineering modifications. But in the end you'll most likely be replacing your stock diffs with heavier one's. Modifying some kind of upper deck to move the servo's into the right position. You'll want a larger fuel tank. Probably end up adding a second set of brakes. I'm sure I'm leaving a lot of things out. Some people would rather do it this way and have more of a one of a kind truck, "most 10th scales have small blocks". When your finished it's your masterpiece. Others would simply relace the stock motor with an OS motor like Nitrosports suggested and call it a day.