RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jagdtiger from Heng Feng
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: Jagdtiger from Heng Feng

ORIGINAL: Danish Commander

Hello all tankers

Got my Jagdtiger from Heng Feng, Heng Feng ??? I do not recognize this brand then I buy this new tiger (from UK). Some who have experience with this brand ?
The guts of it are the old Mato KingTiger, and the only reason you bought one of those was because you weren't into tanks enough to justify the Tamiya version at the time (reason I bought my first one) or they were on offer at a heavy discount (reason I bought my second one ).
Matorro don't sell it anymore, which is rumoured to be why this version has sprung up as a not Heng Long / not Matorro branded item.

The tracks can prone to splitting, I'm told this isn't unusual to happen to the Tamiya tracks either - you can even use spare Tamiya links to fix it . I'm not sure I'd go down the route of metal tracks as the hull is not up to Heng Long standards and the tracks are very heavy. The gearboxes will have to go in anycase if you want to do this. I've not had the broken idler problem, I think you just got unlucky there.

From what I have seen in photo's they can be tweaked and painted up to look ok if you don't want a battle tank, and you don't feel up to scratch building an upper for a HL or a Tamiya. If you want to improve it as a runner then you're either going to have to hack the chassis about to fit HL gears (because I don't think you can get the drop in brass replacements that were designed for this hull any more) or bite the bullet and get the new Asiatam style replacement hull and go from there.