RCU Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 20.5 X 14.5 Light Weight Props
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Jason Arnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 20.5 X 14.5 Light Weight Props

Yes, an 8mm adaptor is available but that requires mounting the motor from the rear. This is not the recommended mounting method as per Jan @ AXI. The gyroscopic effects on the bearings is greater if you mount from the rear with the big diameter props we use. AXI have actually modified the 5345 series motors to have a massive bearing to support the can. This is the HD series. Mounting from the rear also means the motor has to come out the nose ring for removal. That is unless you make some special two piece mount. The Spark has quite a small nose ring so this is not really practical.

It's usually not a drama to ream out to 12mm. It's only 2mm each side of the existing hole..... But, I had to ask the question. An e-mail has been sent to Falcon Props too but no response yet.

The other question that arrises is which prop? I currently use a RASA 20.5 x 14 and the Falcon V2 comes in 20.5 x 14.5 & 21 x 14. Which is closer to the RASA 20.5 x 14 load wise? It must be close. My thinking is smaller diameter would be better due to the gyroscopic effect. Perhaps someone has done tests with both and can steer me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Jason.