RCU Forums - View Single Post - New OS 33cc Gasser..any reports yet?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:04 AM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New OS 33cc Gasser..any reports yet?

This engine has more R&D hours, is machined to closer tolerances and made with better materials than any cheap $300.00 engine. OS AND Enya make some of the best hobby engines in the world. Enya, with thier 180x GS is proving they are willing to work on designs that are far above the competition.

R&D, tighter tolerances and material knowledge are all expensive. Take apart a cheap engine when new and flush it to see what comes out. Inspect the plating, bearings and overall workmanship. For the most part you will find something lacking. You can polish a turd and make it look pretty but is still a turd, you can have an poorly machined, ugly performer that will work for a while or you can pay a little more for a quality piece. I would rather run good engines, servos and batteries for years safely than loose a plane because I wanted to save $50.00.

DLE has come along way, but they don't build engines of this quailty with this expertise, yet. Mintor 38 while pretty has reports of not making the power equal to the OS33 and is louder on it's stock exhaust, what a bargoon. A polished fully machined turd.