RCU Forums - View Single Post - friends who dont like my hobby
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 07:27 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: friends who dont like my hobby

ORIGINAL: rcbasher123

Hi Guys, This is my first post. This place has helped me in the past with information so I wanted to sign up and ask you all a question. I have been into rc for about a year (I am 15 years old) and I got a mini erevo about 5 months ago, anyway I am the only person out of my friends that is in to rc cars so it can get a bit boring sometimes bashing around by myself but I still enjoy it and I like working on my truck to make it better. So my friends up until lately haven’t said much about my hobby but lately they seem to be making fun of me alot, like saying that playing with toy cars is like playing with barbie dolls and dumb stuff like that. It really annoys me and I want to have stuff to say back to them but sometimes I really do feel like I should be growing up and other times I enjoy my truck and I hate them for making fun o me. What can I say to them to make them see that it’s just a hobby and to leave me alone and still be my friends ? I don’t want to be the kid with no friends but I still want to have fun with my rc car and maybe one day get a bigger one
last time someone made fun of me playing with a rc, i kicked him right in the *****, no lie.

do what you like, screw them, they dont understand what it is and a friend to treats you like that is not your friend.

want to take away the "toyishness"? get a nitro machine, then they will probly make fun of you for a bit, and then beg you for the remote. booyeah!