RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goose's 50cc Aeroworks Edge 540 (orange) assembly thread...
Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 AM
v6goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goose's 50cc Aeroworks Edge 540 (orange) assembly thread...

Hey guys...

Well, it's winter here in Canada, so here we go again!

I've opted for another Aeroworks ARF for the coming season and have waited quite a while for this day to arrive. Huge thanks to my buddy Scott Clarke who picked up the huge boxes from Ogdensburg and delivered them to my door, thanks mate!

I love Edge's and had umm'd & ahh'd about the AW Edge 540 for some time. I love the orange 100cc Edge but after running the numbers just couldn't afford to go that large. A few weeks ago I was on AW's website dreaming and clicking and discovered that they now do the 50cc Edge in the orange scheme!

I immediately ordered it and spent my aeroplane budget in one afternoon and now have the orange beast in my possession.

My intention is to build this as light as possible while still adding necessary (read cool) stuff and flying lots of IMAC this summer.

The plan is:
[ul][*] Powered by my DL-50[*] Stock build[*] KS canister muffler[*] Mejzlik 3 blade CF prop & spinner[*] Redaerorc.com Mega Pilot[*] Water bottle fuel tank[*] Not installing my smoke system at this time
[/ul]

So nothing special, but I thought you might want to watch one of these go together. Many thanks to those who have posted build threads here and on other sites for the inspiration and flow of interesting ideas.

Pic 1: A large box arrives.
Pic 2: The boxes are full of very high quality AW parts and everything is in perfect condition and accounted for.
Pic 3: The fuselage will be 6' 10" (2082mm) long and it will be a long time before that silly grin is gone.
Pic 4: Biggest plane to date.

Chime in and let me know what you think or offer your idea's... much appreciated.

Cheers

Goose
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68933.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	1716861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59545.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	488.5 KB
ID:	1716862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86059.jpg