RCU Forums - View Single Post - friends who dont like my hobby
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 08:52 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: friends who dont like my hobby

rcbasher123 I'm 37 years old and love this hobby. I got into it when I was 19 and even though my first truck was a nitro I was still told by some of my peers to stop playing with toys. Funny thing is they all wanted a chance at the remote and I would tell them no. Also around that time there was a guy who was in his early 40's who lived in my neighborhood and invited me to a local track. Made new friends there rather quickly.

Now even at my age of 37 I still get asked by some of my aquaintenses (not friends) why do I still play with toys. My reply simply is that its a hobby and its what I like. I don't care what people think about me and frankly I never have. Be your own person, do your own thing, do what you like. Not what others want you to do. Let them say what they want. When your blasting away at 80 mph with your mini e-revo you know its not a toy. If it puts a smile on your face keep it up.

A far as finding like minded people, I agree with going to your local track or hobby shop. You will make new friends quickly, and then you will have some bashing buddies. Trust me out of all the so called friends I had in highschool I only keep in touch with 2 of them till this day. You will be all right kid.