RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Bright Nitro Skidoo MXZ Snowmobile
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
TechyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Bright Nitro Skidoo MXZ Snowmobile

alexjschauer

Unfortunately, this is the engineering process. You try something and when it fails, you go back and make it better. I am currenlty performing the "exact" mods you described above. My black plastic cover also cracked, and yes, I too re-enforced it with fiberglass as well as sheet metal on top. I used a sheet of hobby shop bought aluminum and it fit the space perfectly. I bent the metel over my table top in a few places and viola! new cover in about 1/2 hour (not including drilling all the holes to mount it).

I don't have time right now to post the pics I took just a few days ago of my double sheet metal motor mount but I'll post them tomorrow sometime.

Your going to need to build a better drive train to hold the gears in place.

For the hex drive shaft, I drilled a small hole in the platic body in order to slide it out without bending it. I hated to do that but it seemed was the only way to remove it.

To see your subscribed forums, click the forum drop down at the top of the page. Select "My Forums" and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page where they will be listed.